Russians in London

I have been in London for 2 months and I still can't find the Russian Community where I could talk to people from Russia, ask questions, get advice. I have found the site Russian Community Association, wanted to drop in but they never replied to my e-mails, neither they answered my phone calls. Russian forums on the internet are deaf and mute. All I come across is those who are already in good job positions or those who agree to do any job. I can't find a job having a degree equivalent to PhD, and on the net I find only information on how wonderful life of Russians in the UK is: parties, clubs, 'vse v shokolade'. All jobs employers require work experience in the country but who can tell me how to gain this experience?? :( I don't want to iron linen or work as a cleaner or waitress.

Комментарии

• I simply don't believe that you couldn't find any Russian speaking in London, as they do meet every Saturday in different places of London. I will definitely publish later on where this Saturday they meet.
    All jobs employers require work experience in the country but who can tell me how to gain this experience??
    you can gain the experience various ways, from voluntary work to contract jobs.
    Русские наклейки на вашу клавиатуру, только у нас они стоят от £1.40
  • alex написал:
    I simply don't believe that you couldn't find any Russian speaking in London, as they do meet every Saturday in different places of London. I will definitely publish later on where this Saturday they meet.

I could hear Russian speech but I didn't come up to people in the street and asked them anything. They may not feel like communicating with strangers.

All jobs employers require work experience in the country but who can tell me how to gain this experience??
    you can gain the experience various ways, from voluntary work to contract jobs.

Thank you, but everything is excellent in theory, in practice voluntary jobs I found either also required some experience or were too far from my interests... As far as contract jobs are concerned, there is not much difference in requirements between contract, part time or permanent positions... Job agencies refuse to take your CV if you haven't worked in the country at least 6 months:(
    I want an expert opinion. Is it possible for 'kandidat filologicheskih nauk' and 'dotsent' to find a job as a Lecturer at a university? Or is the most we can count on is being a freelance tutor of Russian? Thank you.
  • Добрый всем день! Нужен совет! В течении года я встречаюсь с гражданином Великобритании. Наступил момент когда он стал настаивать, чтобы я оставила работу в России и переехала жить к нему, но не предлагает мне оформить наши отношения. Предлагая просто содержание. Все бы было хорошо, но у меня возникает вопрос о социальной защите имея только туристическую визу на 2 года. С чем я могу столкнуться если приму его предложение? Например со стороны властей или же все мы люди и отношения могут измениться и я могу попасть в неприятное положение. Подскажите как можно сделать, чтобы защитить себя?
  • Здравствуйте.
    Подскажите пожалуйста какая погода в Лондоне в начале-середине января.холодно ли?влажно?идут ли дожди или мокрый снег?
    еду в Лондон,не могу определиться в какой куртке лучше ехать =))))
  • Kate_kate написал:
    Здравствуйте.
    Подскажите пожалуйста какая погода в Лондоне в начале-середине января.холодно ли?влажно?идут ли дожди или мокрый снег?
    еду в Лондон,не могу определиться в какой куртке лучше ехать =))))

когда как бывает. Снег обещают в конце недели
    Русские наклейки на вашу клавиатуру, только у нас они стоят от £1.40
Войдите или Зарегистрируйтесь чтобы комментировать.